Items Allowed in the Test Centres
Admit Card – Stating the obvious, the candidates must carry their CAT 2016 Admit Card. However, it should be noted that the hall ticket has to be produced as a hard copy, which should have been laser printed on an A4 size paper. Also, the photograph and signature should be clearly visible on it.
Valid ID Proof – Along with the admit card, the candidates are also required to carry one valid Photo ID. An original and a copy of the same must be carried. Also, the candidates must ensure that the ID is not expired. The photograph and signature of the candidate in the document must be legibly printed.
The valid Identification Documents include
- College ID
- Employer ID
- Driving License
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Identification Affidavit
Note: If the Name or any other details in the valid ID proof will not match with the information in the admit card, the candidature will be hampered.
Privileges for pwd Candidates
Apart from the items mentioned above, the PwD candidates are also required to carry the following.
Scribe/Reader – Visually Impaired or candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy, who have opted for a scribe, should ensure that the scribe submits the scribe affidavit. Along it, they will also be required to produce valid photo ID proof, in original.
Other Devices Allowed – Abacus, without a calculator, can be brought along by those who are Visually Impaired. Candidates with Hearing Impairment are also allowed to carry their Hearing Aid device.
Note: The Photo ID card must not be damaged or smudged.
What will be provided in CAT 2016 Exam Centre?
At the CAT 2016 Exam Centre, the candidates will be provided:
- Rough Sheet – Do not forget to write your name and registration number on it.
Both the items are to be returned after the conclusion of examination.
The PwD candidates will also be provided with the following:
- Wheel Chair – For candidates with Locomotive Disability or Cerebral Palsy
- Magnifying Screen – For candidates suffering from Visually Impaired
What items I cannot carry at CAT Exam Centre?
It should be ensured that the candidate does not carry any of the items listed below. Doing so will nullify the candidature.
- Mobile Phones
- Electronic Gadgets
- Pen, pencil
- Any sort of paper
- Any personal belonging (no provision for safekeeping)
Note: As funny as it might seem but on a serious note friend and family cannot accompany the candidate at the exam centres. Hence, they are to be included in the list of banned items.
Few Important Instructions
- Candidates will have to make their own travel arrangements.
- It should be noted that the candidates must reach exam hall at 7:30 am/1:00 pm.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter exam hall after 8:45 am (forenoon session) and 2:15 pm (afternoon session).
- The entry of the PwD candidates will be prioritised at the exam centre.
- PwD candidates will be provided an extra hour for attempting CAT.
P.S: Another funny but important note, candidates will not be given bio-break during the examination.